Euskal Hotsak Ahoskatzen is a technological platform aimed at research and teaching of Basque pronunciation, which shows how the different parts of the vocal apparatus work in articulating each of the sounds of the language. To do this, a number of instrumental techniques are used:magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), electropalatography (EPG), animations, electromyography (EMG), and videos, among others.
All these materials may be of interest to a broad spectrum of users:
- Students and teachers of Basque phonetics.
- Students and teachers of Basque language as a second language.
- Basque native speakers seeking to achieve the adequate pronunciation of the standard register.
- Broadcasters: presenters, politicians, lecturers, etc.
- Individuals with some kind of speech pathology.
- Specialists and researchers in these fields.
This project is financed by Biscay Regional Council (BizkaiLab).