This platform offers new information, not only for Basque language, but virtually for any other language, as it combines real, modelled images of speech articulations from two perspectives (sagittal images using MRI-2D and MRI-3D, and axial images through EPG) with the corresponding audio data, explanatory texts and other supplementary materials.
Its main aims are to:
- Develop a technology conducive to oral speech correction.
- Fill the existing gap in the accuracy of Basque language oral production.
- Apply a research line using advanced resources from various scientific disciplines (experimental phonetics, clinical diagnosis, signal processing).
- Offer innovative findings in the above field.
- Create a multiple database (images from MRI, from electropalatography, acoustic signals, EMG, etc.) of Basque sounds.
- Develop digital processing techniques of the signals that make up the database.
- Implement a pedagogical structure that articulates the different modular elements described in the above objectives.
- Create a technological platform, accessible from different devices (mainly web applications) to display the above information.
- Create a management tool for data entry.
- Offer learning resources for any user interested in improving their own oral production in Basque, be it their mother tongue or not.
- Offer an advanced study tool for various researchers in the field of speech production (phoneticians, speech therapists, engineers, etc.).